Siemens recently announced availability of its new MD Power Meter, a submetering device designed to provide real time, accurate electricity metering to enable proper control over energy costs. The meter can capture kWh/kW energy and demand data, as well as virtually all relevant energy parameters for diagnostics and monitoring on three-phase or single-phase circuit installations.
• Monitors voltage, current, power, energy, and many other electrical parameters on single and three-phase electrical systems.
• RS-485 serial connection communications interface.
• Uses either BACnet or Modbus protocol and features two digital pulse output ports.
• Mix-and-match Split-Core or Rogowski-style CTs.
• LED indicators ensure correct CT orientation during installation.
• Line-powered: 80 to 600V Phase-Phase Power Supply (Use on 120/240V, 480/277V, 580/355V, or 380/220V services. 50 or 60 Hz.
• Data updates occur every 0.5 seconds.
• UL and CE Mark.
• ANSI C12.20-2010 Class 0.2.