Johnson Controls is pleased to announce the release of their VP140 Series of Pressure Independent Control Valves. Johnson Controls will deliver stable flow and energy efficiency by combining their actuators with the new, cost competitive VP140 Series of Pressure Independent Control Valves (PICV) in both axial and ball valve configurations.
The VP140 Series replaces the P1000 Series of PICVs, which is being discontinued by the supplier over the course of the next year.
The VP140 Series offers the following advantages:
* Fast Lead Time – Ships in 3 Days
* Integral Test Points – Pressure ports included on all models to verify pressure drop
* Cost Competitive – Market competitive pricing in both axial and ball valve configurations
* Flexibility – Ability to offer axial (globe) or ball valves. Valve only, or valve + actuator assemblies
* Quality – 5 year warranty
* Convenience – No-cost valve tagging on all models. No-cost, flow presetting (if specified) on axial & cast iron models
Features of the VP140 Series Pressure Independent Valves (PICVs)
* PICVs reduce installation and operating costs by eliminating:
* Material cost of a separate balancing valve, piping and associated installation labor
* Labor required to adjust or balance the hydronic circuit during system commissioning.
* Future labor costs of rebalancing the system if new circuits are required for system expansion or a facility remodel.
* PICVs provide energy savings by reducing pumping requirements and lowering demand on heating or cooling systems. These energy saving advantages help building owners realize the full benefit of variable flow pumping systems.
* PICVs size selection is easy because they are selected based on the gallon per minute (GPM) requirements of the coil. Calculations for Cv or pressure drop are not needed.
* PICVs maintain a constant flow for a given valve position over a wide differential pressure range. The automatic balancing action of the PICV regulates the pressure to the control valve section to reduce temperature variations caused by changing load conditions in other temperature zones.
The VP140 Axial (Globe) PICV
* Ideal for applications that do not require remote flow setting. It maintains full stroke regardless ofthe desired flow setting. The flow rates can be adjusted and locked into position without removing the actuator.
* These valves are available in sizes 1/2 through 1-1/4 in. (DN15 through DN32) in valve only configurations, or with factory-mounted Johnson Controls Non-Spring Return Electric Actuators for proportional control.
The VP140 Brass & Iron Rotary PICVs
* Ideal for applications that require enhanced flexibility for seasonal commissioning and room layouts, where intrinsic equal percentage control is required, flow setting through BMS is ideal, or a more engineered solution is required. On the iron rotary valve, the maximum flow setting can be set manually on the valve or remotely via the BMS.
* Brass rotary valves are available in sizes 1/2 through 1-1/4 in. (DN15 through DN32) in valve only configurations, or with factory-mounted Johnson Controls Non-Spring & Spring Return Electric Actuators for floating or proportional control.
* Iron rotary valves are available in sizes 1-1/4 through 2 in. (DN32 through DN50) in valve only configurations, or with factory-mounted Johnson Controls Non-Spring & Spring Return Electric Actuators for floating or proportional control.