Las Vegas, Nevada at The Aria Resort & Casino RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY! Saturday December 2nd, prior to the HARDI Annual Conference, Women in HVACR will host a workshop and networking event from 2:00pm to 5:30pm. [Read more…]
Data, Data everywhere! As the smart building controls world explodes, and systems become more robust, they consume and need a new type of fuel, DATA! But how do you make this data usable? It is kind of like the problem the United Nations had when they designed the UN. You have all these different participants coming together to work, but they all speak different languages. Nothing gets done until they can understand each other. Without some sort of translator nothing happens.
Take this analogy to Smart Buildings and you begin to understand the power and necessity of [Read more…]
This Belimo webinar will be conducted by Clayton Plymill, Sensor Application Specialist, will explain why and how to effectively measure air pressure in commercial buildings ensuring occupant comfort. Topics of discussion include the forces that affect pressurization, methods of optimization, installation, and [Read more…]
|Niagara Summit 2018
New Orleans Hyatt Regency
|Dear valued member of the Niagara Community,
Mark your calendar and plan to join us in historic New Orleans for Niagara Summit 2018!
Every two years the Niagara Community comes together at the Niagara Summit to learn about Niagara Framework® advancements, get the latest technology news and trends, and network and learn from peers.
Attendee registration is expected to open later in November, along with event sponsorships requiring tradeshow booth selections. More information will be coming soon.
We hope you’ll plan to join us this April in New Orleans, a city steeped in history and charm, for a Niagara Community event like no other.
This just in from Memoori:
Please Join us on Tuesday 24th October 17:00 CEST for our 10th FREE Webinar in the 2017 Smart Buildings Series, Kindly Sponsored by Project Haystack.
Indoor Mapping… The Foundation of Building Intelligence Memoori Talks to Ankit Agarwal, CEO of Silicon Valley Tech Company, Micello about how Indoor Mapping will become the Foundation for Building Intelligence.
* How Indoor Mapping could become the foundational layer for smart buildings. Think Google Maps inside Buildings!
* How Indoor Mapping will spur on App Developers to Create Services that will Transform the way Users Interact with Buildings.
This is a really great FREE opportunity to hear an expert share their experience and knowledge in developing Indoor Mapping API’s for the Smart Building Industry.
The SCADA Technology Summit is fast approaching. Come visit us on Oct. 4th and 5th and learn about the latest advances in SCADA, Remote Monitoring and Automation technology. Speakers include: SoCal Edison, Newton-Evans Research Corp., Siemens, FreeWave Technologies, UTC, the FCC, LiveData Utilities, and many more. Don’t miss out and sign up today.
The SCADA Technology Summit is focused on the latest advancements in SCADA and its supporting ICS technologies that provide control, connectivity, security and data acquisition to critical infrastructure and industrial environments.
Join Us Oct 23-25 Minneapolis, MN. Critical Facilities Summit is designed for senior-level professionals responsible for the design, construction, management and operations of Data Centers, Labs, Hospitals, Financials, Telecoms or other mission critical facilities. 35+ sessions, organized into tracks which offer you an unbeatable way to create an agenda that’s tailored to your needs and interests. Tracks include: Cloud and Co-location Trends, Higher Ed, Medical, Labs, and Life-Safety, Optimizing Uptime, Project Spotlight, and The FM-IT Link.
P.S. Lock in Your $599 Registration
This new webinar focused on organizational best practices to mitigate risk.
There’s only one day left to register for our new TridiumTalk webinar focused on cybersecurity. Join us September 19 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern U.S. to learn how to develop a strategy to defend against cyber threats.
Tridium chief architect Kevin T. Smith, author of our new white paper Cybersecurity and the IoT—Threats, Best Practices and Lessons Learned, will be leading the TridiumTalk. Recognized industry expert James Johnson will be moderating and taking questions.
With the game-changing IoT, cybersecurity should be a concern for everyone.
Adding network connectivity to any “thing” adds tremendous value, but also brings potential risks to an organization.
Click here to download our new white paper. Kevin and James will cover this material and provide additional insight during the TridiumTalk.
We look forward to you joining us on September 19.
Showcase features hundreds of products and technologies for contractors, engineers, facility managers, OEMs and other HVACR industry professionals! WESTPORT, Conn., September, 2017 – The future of HVACR will be on display in January when hundreds of new and upgraded products and technologies for the HVACR industry will be featured at the 2018 AHR Expo (International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition) in Chicago.
The 2018 AHR Expo will be held Jan. 22-24, 2018 at McCormick Place in Chicago. To register, please visit the AHR Expo registration website.
Exhibitors will be displaying an impressive variety of new or enhanced HVACR-related products, systems and technologies across every facet of the industry, from complete systems engineered for large commercial and industrial buildings to labor-saving tools and profit-generating services for residential contractors.
With 2,000+ exhibitors, 100+ seminars and product presentations, and more than 65,000 attendees, the Show provides a unique forum for the entire HVACR industry, from product designers and engineers to installers and end-users, to come together and share ideas, discover new products, and find solutions to technical problems.
Some of the exhibits that contractors, engineers and other attendees can look forward to include:
* VFDs (variable frequency drives) for HVAC applications—specifically designed for building automation applications, helping minimize energy costs and maximizing occupant comfort
* Upgraded Wi-Fi-connected thermostat technology that allows for control via iOS or Android apps, plus email notifications and advanced voice control
* A digitally controlled mixing valve that provides fast, accurate temperature control for domestic hot water applications
* New bionic impeller technology with a special blade design, modeled after the tubercles on a whale to ensure an optimized airflow angle and reduced flow separation on the blade surface
* A self-contained HVAC system for hazardous locations, designed to prevent an explosion by using only non-arcing components installed in a small, light increased safety enclosure
* An oscilloscope for testing motor shaft voltages, allowing contractors to determine if motors are at risk of premature bearing failure due to bearing currents
* New electrical test meter technology for reliable, true-RMS measurements in crowded junction boxes or along conductors with inaccessible ends points, saving time, minimizing potential errors, and greatly reducing the possibility of arc flash
* Software that allows engineers and designers to create air systems including both air handlers and rooftop units, including the tools to design complex hydronic, steam, plumbing and VRF (variable refrigerant flow) systems along with control schematics
* An array of tools, including heavy-duty wire strippers built with the durability of pliers and the sharpness and precision of a wire stripper; thermal imaging technology with Wi-Fi that uses a slim IR camera with an integrated touch-screen; a handheld particle counter for indoor air quality investigations; and a copper line cleaning tool that removes contaminants from existing refrigeration and air conditioning lines
This is only a sample of the huge array of innovations to be highlighted at the 2018 AHR Expo. For more information including a searchable directory of exhibitors and product categories and to register, visit ahrexpo.com.
About AHR Expo
The AHR Expo (International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition) is the world’s largest HVACR event, drawing in more than 2,000 exhibitors and 65,000+ attendees every year. Since 1930, the Show has provided a unique forum for the entire HVACR industry, including OEMs; engineers; contractors; manufacturers; distributors; commercial, industrial and institutional facility operators; and educators to come together and discover the latest products, learn about new technologies and develop mutually beneficial business relationships. This year’s Show, co-sponsored by ASHRAE and AHRI, will be held Jan. 22-24, 2018 at McCormick Place, Chicago, and is held concurrently with ASHRAE’s Winter Conference.
For more information, visit ahrexpo.com and follow @ahrexpo on Twitter.