MARK YOUR CALENDAR! Only 79 days until Realcomm 2018! Dynamic Education Programs, Solution Provider Expo, LIVE Interviews, Tours, Networking – these are just a few of the many things that keep Commercial Real Estate, Corporate Real Estate, Institutional and Government IT, Facilities, Energy, Sustainability and HR Professionals coming back to Realcomm year after year! SIGN UP today to get important updates and other conference information as it becomes available. GENERAL REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Early discounted rates available. Register today!
IMPORTANT NOTE: General Registration for this event is open only to corporate real estate executives, facilities professionals, service providers and other real estate practitioners. Technology Solution Providers and Consultants to the industry should use this sponsorship link.
CoRETECH 2015 Silicon Valley — Nov 10-11, Santa Clara, CA. Conference Highlights:
* Tour Google* and learn about state-of-the-art smart building and campus technologies (Limited Seating)
* Tour Stanford University* and explore their vision for a next generation smart campus strategy (Limited Seating)
* Visit Intel HQ and hear about emerging IOT technologies poised to change the way we learn, work, play and operate real estate
* Be part of the biggest Corporate Real Estate information management and IWMS discussion of the year
* Hear about the most successful next generation workplace strategies
* Learn about Cybersecurity Trends for facilities and Corporate Real Estate data
* Explore Data Models, Analytics and Visualization for real estate information
* Network with the most progressive and successful executives who are defining the future of Corporate Real Estate and Facilities
* Meet some of the most successful companies offering advanced technology and automation solutions for Corporate Real Estate and Facilities
* Pre-Con tours to Google and Stanford University. Limited Seating is Available. Full Conference registration is required and tour reservations are made at time of registration.
The impact that technology, automation and innovation have had on the commercial and corporate real estate industry over the last 3-5 years is unprecedented. These changes are most clearly seen in four specific areas; 1) how we use information management solutions to organize our business processes, 2) how we communicate with our customers and partners, 3) how the Internet of Things is influencing the next generation of high-performance, smart buildings and 4) how we use space as seen in office space utilization and the online assault of bricks and mortar retail.
TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION – TRANSFORMING THE COMMERCIAL AND CORPORATE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY
New ideas and innovative ways of looking at the world are the catalysts for change. Few understand more about nurturing ideas and waiting for the world to understand them than Bran Ferren. Bran is an American technologist, engineer, scientist, entrepreneur, and inventor. He is the former President of R&D for Walt Disney Imagineering, as well as founder of Associates & Ferren, a multidisciplinary engineering and design firm acquired in 1993 by Disney. Today, he is Chief Creative Officer of Applied Minds, which he co-founded in 2000 with fellow inventor, Danny Hillis. Apple’s “pinch-to-zoom” patent, which features prominently in its legal battle with Samsung, was invalidated by the US Patent and Trademark Office in 2013 based on a 2005 patent by Ferren and Hillis for multi touch gestures. Bran was also involved in the technology that could prove to be the framework for the next generation of Google Search.
His current company, Applied Minds, has worked with some of the world’s largest corporations on innovation, change and transformation, including Intel, Lockheed Martin, The Smithsonian, MIT Media Lab and others. Bran is going to use his life-long experience to help us understand how technology and innovation will continue to transform the Commercial and Corporate Real Estate Industry.
REALCOMM & IBCON CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
• Decision-Makers Representing 35+ Billion SF of Commercial & Corporate Space
• Three Days of World Class Education and Networking
• 1,400+ Professionals in One Location
• Leading-Edge Educational Program Featuring Over 95 Sessions and 175 Speakers
• Demonstrations of Emerging Technologies
• Smart Building Best Practices Showcase Featuring Over 50 of the World’s Smartest Next Generation Buildings
• CIO Roundtable
• COO, CFO & CAO Innovation Summit
• Investment Managers Technology Track
• Sustainability Executives Smart Building Symposium
• Intelligent Buildings Boot Camp
• Smart Building Integrator Summit
• Information Systems & Smart Buildings CYBERSECURITY Forum
• Vendor Expo Featuring 100+ Top Industry Solution Providers
• Conference LIVE News Desk Featuring Live Streamed Interviews with Industry Leaders
2014 Realcomm/IBcon program went into overdrive on Day 1. The General Session featured Geoffrey Moore’s dynamic presentation on the Innovation Adoption Curve and its Relevance to Commercial and Corporate Real Estate, followed by the Shanghi Tower, soon to be the 2nd tallest and perhaps the smartest building in the world. Jim Young then moderated one of the most formidable gatherings of world-class BIoT titans ever assembled: Yardi, Cisco, Google, Intel, Microsoft, and Tridium, which previewed the forces that are going to change the building industry forever. Inside the Exhibit Hall, where over 100 Realcomm and IBcon display were in operation, ControlTrends met up with Yardi’s Scott Duncan, who brought us current with Yardi’s acquisition of Enerliance and the Power Opportunity Impact at the New York City Energy Summit, June 26, 2014 at the Waldorf Astoria.