The impact that technology, automation and innovation have had on the commercial and corporate real estate industry over the last 3-5 years is unprecedented. These changes are most clearly seen in four specific areas; 1) how we use information management solutions to organize our business processes, 2) how we communicate with our customers and partners, 3) how the Internet of Things is influencing the next generation of high-performance, smart buildings and 4) how we use space as seen in office space utilization and the online assault of bricks and mortar retail.
TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION – TRANSFORMING THE COMMERCIAL AND CORPORATE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY
New ideas and innovative ways of looking at the world are the catalysts for change. Few understand more about nurturing ideas and waiting for the world to understand them than Bran Ferren. Bran is an American technologist, engineer, scientist, entrepreneur, and inventor. He is the former President of R&D for Walt Disney Imagineering, as well as founder of Associates & Ferren, a multidisciplinary engineering and design firm acquired in 1993 by Disney. Today, he is Chief Creative Officer of Applied Minds, which he co-founded in 2000 with fellow inventor, Danny Hillis. Apple’s “pinch-to-zoom” patent, which features prominently in its legal battle with Samsung, was invalidated by the US Patent and Trademark Office in 2013 based on a 2005 patent by Ferren and Hillis for multi touch gestures. Bran was also involved in the technology that could prove to be the framework for the next generation of Google Search.
His current company, Applied Minds, has worked with some of the world’s largest corporations on innovation, change and transformation, including Intel, Lockheed Martin, The Smithsonian, MIT Media Lab and others. Bran is going to use his life-long experience to help us understand how technology and innovation will continue to transform the Commercial and Corporate Real Estate Industry.
REALCOMM & IBCON CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
• Decision-Makers Representing 35+ Billion SF of Commercial & Corporate Space
• Three Days of World Class Education and Networking
• 1,400+ Professionals in One Location
• Leading-Edge Educational Program Featuring Over 95 Sessions and 175 Speakers
• Demonstrations of Emerging Technologies
• Smart Building Best Practices Showcase Featuring Over 50 of the World’s Smartest Next Generation Buildings
• CIO Roundtable
• COO, CFO & CAO Innovation Summit
• Investment Managers Technology Track
• Sustainability Executives Smart Building Symposium
• Intelligent Buildings Boot Camp
• Smart Building Integrator Summit
• Information Systems & Smart Buildings CYBERSECURITY Forum
• Vendor Expo Featuring 100+ Top Industry Solution Providers
• Conference LIVE News Desk Featuring Live Streamed Interviews with Industry Leaders