Niagara 4.10 is available!
Dear Niagara Partner,
Niagara 4.10 is now generally available. As a VYKON partner, you can begin updating your software today and taking the necessary steps to roll out this new release to your customers. We plan to announce the release to the Niagara Community on Tuesday, March 30.
This update to our software is designed to promote customer success in smart building and IoT deployments. From the largest enterprise customers to small single-site building owners, Niagara 4 end-users can directly access, analyze and act on a wide range of operational data in an easy, customized and secure way.
Here is a recap of how this release evolves Niagara Framework® in terms of visualization, rapid deployment, security, Edge, connectivity, certification and IT compliance.
NEW IN NIAGARA 4.10
- System Database Support for Tag Based PX: Niagara 4.6 introduced System Database which dramatically decreases the amount of time to integrate remote Niagara Network stations into a Supervisor. Tag-based PX binding was introduced in Niagara 4.9 enabling users to develop graphics once, and then re-use them across stations. Niagara 4.10 marries these two powerful solutions together to reduce the amount of time spent engineering your enterprise sites and to give you more time to spend providing value to the customer.
- Improved Graphics Performance on the JACE: Utilize our new UxMedia type to achieve faster graphics load time and enable instantaneous feedback on changing values. Niagara 4.10 will help you convert your existing PX graphics to a contemporary UI based on browser standards via a built-in migration tool!
- Video Surveillance Viewer: Niagara 4.9 brought a number of improvements to our video processing capabilities (alarming, HTML5 views, streaming live and recorded video in browsers or mobile). In Niagara 4.10 we continue to build out the functionality by updating the Surveillance Viewer to enable functionality such as setting up and saving video layouts and clicking on any video stream to view a single camera.
- HTML-5 Tag Manager: New HTML-5 Tag Manager provides a modern and intuitive design which enables a more efficient overall tagging workflow. Provides features such as bulk tagging via a browser, context sensitive tagging, seamlessly viewing direct and implied tags, exporting all tags to a spreadsheet for templating and ongoing management, drag-n-drop functionality, and more!
- Bulk Certificate Signing Tool: New Workbench tool that improves certificate signing experience. Sign one or multiple certificates in bulk with the same CA and also generate signed certificates in PKCS7 format for compatibility with browsers.
- MQTT Updates: A new MQTT Authenticator enabling JWT authentication (Google) enables seamless connectivity for Google-Cloud based applications.
- ACE on Third-Party Hardware: Originally released in 4.8 for Edge 10, the ACE deterministic engine is now available to third-party vendors for inclusion in their own controllers powered by Niagara. Look for announcements from your favorite ‘Powered By Niagara’ controller as ACE is rolled out!
- Supervisor Edge Licensing Scheme for Niagara Network Connections: Introducing a new licensing schema which allows you to connect 10 times more Edge devices that are using the Niagara stack to a Supervisor for the same price.
Be ready to offer Niagara 4.10 before the release to the global Niagara Community:
- Learn more about Niagara 4.10 by downloading the features overview and release notes. New for Niagara 4.10, see Hidden Gems – An ongoing collection of small, yet powerful features that will add value to your stations and workflows.
- Get familiar with the breaking changes* with this release – Escaping by default in SpyWriter, Content Security Policy support and Keystore Permission Checks
- Read more about Niagara 4.9+ and IT Network Scanners*.
- Review the upgrade considerations* prior to upgrading to Niagara 4.10.
- New license features were added to enable the new Supervisor Edge Licensing Schema and Bulk Certificate Signing Tool. When deploying Niagara 4.10, Tridium recommends refreshing your license to pick up the new features added to the Niagara 4 Supervisor, JACE 8000, and Edge 10 parts.
- Update your VYKON sales collateral to include the revised Niagara Supervisor data sheet.
- Register for the TridiumTalk on March 25 to learn more about UxMedia – a new Niagara 4.10 feature. Visit the events page to find other TridiumTalks on demand.
- Review the Niagara Framework Software Maintenance Policy for prospective support end dates.
Tested by (5) key customers across multiple sites worldwide:
Early Access Statistics
Tested on the bench by (38) customers across (128) Demo instances and (30) JACEs.
VYKON ENTERPRISE SECURITY 4.10
VYKON Enterprise Security 4.10 brings updated cyber security and visualization enhancements included in the Niagara 4.10 framework release to your security customers. Version upgrades are available with purchase of a software maintenance agreement, or an active software maintenance agreement.
PhotoID viewer has been updated to use HTML5 in the browser UI. The PhotoID viewer compares a badge photo with live video for visual verification. This viewer can add an extra level of security for sensitive or high-security areas.
Niagara Touch wall mounted display is now available. Niagara Touch display is a versatile wall-mounted display that is a functional replacement for the security intrusion keypad and can also be used for other applications such as environmental and lighting control, alarm annunciation, and informational display. The VYKON Enterprise Security 4.10 build includes a sample PX page configured for intrusion keypad functionality. View the Niagara Touch Display Data Sheet for more information.
Niagara Security JACE 6xx models are now scheduled for End-of-Life (EOL) July 1, 2021. This is consistent with Niagara AX EOL date for all Niagara AX Tridium products.
The final Enterprise Security build will be available March 30. Be ready to offer VYKON Enterprise Security 4.10 before the release to the Global Niagara Community.
IMPORTANT BETA CUSTOMER INFORMATION
First and foremost, many thanks for your participation as a beta tester for Niagara 4.10! Your efforts are absolutely invaluable to ensuring the ongoing quality of each release of Niagara.
We look forward to joining with you to launch Niagara 4.10 and to helping users realize the limitless possibilities inherent in an open technology environment.
*All documentation subject to change up until 4.10 General Availability.