On April 13, Tridium will offer the option to migrate Niagara AX Supervisor licenses to the Niagara 4 licensing model. As we’ve previously announced, Niagara AX licensing ends July 1, 2021.
Migrating your Supervisor license will allow you to purchase additional license options after July 1, 2021 and beyond. Your Niagara 4 license will also be updated with the standard features Tridium releases as continuous improvements are made. This option is enabled for Niagara AX Supervisor models that have an active SMA (Software Maintenance Agreement) and a corresponding N4 Supervisor model within the same brand.
The AX to N4 license migrator will create a Niagara 4 license with standard features equivalent to the migrated Niagara AX license within the same brand. License options that are not owned by Tridium will not be transferred. License options that are not supported in Niagara 4 will not be transferred. For detailed examples of migration please view the Niagara AX to N4 Migrator presentation. Niagara AX to N4 license migration will be available until July 1, 2023.
Make sure you are prepared for availability of the migration tool:
- If you or your customers have purchased license options for your Niagara AX Supervisors that are not owned by Tridium, determine how or if these options may be transferred.
- If you or your sub organizations have lost brand access, determine how you will mitigate issues for customers. For example, if a license is owned by an organization in the licensing server that does not have access to a target N4 brand or product, the license cannot be migrated.
- If you have questions, please contact your Vykon partner.
- Join us for a Q&A session on April 12, 2021
April 12, 2021
9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (New York, UTC-05:00)
| || |
April 12, 2021
4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (New York, UTC-05:00)
| || |
Niagara SoftJACE Support
SoftJACE licenses will not be migrated. The licenses will continue to operate beyond July 1, 2021, and maintenance can be purchased on the licenses for the foreseeable future to allow them to run at the current Niagara version. New SoftJACE licenses are not available for purchase, and options cannot be purchased after July 1, 2021.
Niagara Workbench Support
Existing Workbench licenses will continue to be maintained by Tridium with the latest features and will not be migrated to a new model (with some exceptions). Existing Workbench models will be edited to change the “Base Model” to the Niagara 4 version (SUP-DEMO). This will enable Tridium to update licenses based upon those models by updating the SUP-DEMO base model. Existing Niagara AX workbench models that were created as a rebrand of Niagara AX models will not be available for purchase after July 1, 2021. Starting July 1, 2021 only workbench licenses based on Tridium’s Niagara 4 model (SUP-DEMO) will be available for purchase.
Niagara Asset Manager and ESMA (Enterprise Software Maintenance Agreement).
Good News! Tridium will be extending our ESMA promotion through December 15, 2021. Using Asset Manager to track devices and purchasing ESMA enables system owners to track the status of licenses and manage software maintenance renewals.
Other Niagara Updates and Reminders
- July 1, 2021: Niagara AX End of Life. Includes Niagara AX Licensing and Legacy JACE hardware.
- October 1, 2021: Niagara 4.4 End of Support. With the release of LTS Niagara 4.10, Tridium is ending support of Niagara 4.4.
- November 1, 2022: Changes in JACE 8000 support. Versions below 4.9u1 will not be supported with new JACE licenses and SD cards.