MINNEAPOLIS, Dec. 12, 2013 — Honeywell (NYSE: HON) announced today the expansion of its Spyder™ controller portfolio with the launch of Spyder with Relays, Sylk™ I/O and Zio® Lite sylk-enabled wall modules, all of which provide added flexibility and significantly reduce installation time for contractors.
“Enhancements to our Spyder controller line were designed with our contractors in mind,” said Tom Rosback, general manager-Commercial Control Systems at Honeywell. “Contractors are busy and they need to get on and off of the job quickly. Our expanded Spyder portfolio allows our contractors to do more with less and save them time.”
Honeywell’s popular Spyder controller now offers a Spyder with Relays model that eliminates the need for contractors to install separate switching relays when controlling roof-top or CVAHU equipment by adding relays to the Spyder hardware. Benefits of a Spyder with Relays controller include:
· Shortened installation time
· Available in LonWorks™ and BACnet™ protocols
The new Spyder with Relays is also compatible with Honeywell’s new Sylk I/O module, which is a Sylk-enabled device that expands a single Spyder controller’s input and output (I/O) count by eight to 12 points modularly through a Sylk™ bus connection. Benefits of a Honeywell Sylk I/O module include:
· Ability to use existing program logic within a single wire sheet
· Shortened installation time
· Frees up I/O to add flexibility
· Sylk-enabled: Offers either local or remote installation flexibility
Honeywell also recently announced its new Zio Lite wall module which utilizes Sylk technology to connect to Spyder controllers to reduce installation time for contractors. With its sleek design and easy-to-use interface, the Zio Lite offers a model that is packaged with temperature, humidity, and CO2 sensing, all on two wires. Other key features include:
· Integrated CO2, temperature and humidity sensors combined into one model to reduce the number of units on the wall
· Integrated CO2 sensor enables indoor air quality to be met and demand-control ventilation strategies to be implemented, reducing operating costs
· Easy-to-use interface to adjust the set point, temperature and more using state of the art CapSense™ technology
Sylk is a two-wire polarity-insensitive bus that provides power and communication between a Sylk-enabled controller and a Sylk-enabled device without having to run tons of wires and use up I/O on the controller.
For more information about Honeywell’s new additions to the Spyder™ portfolio, please visit www.buildingcontrols.honeywell.com.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.