1. International Facility Management Association (IFMA) December 5, 2013 Webinar: The Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign is a recognition and guidance program designed to encourage facility owners and managers to take advantage of savings opportunities from high efficient lighting solutions in their parking facilities. Webinar registrants will learn more about the LEEP Campaign, get a review of lighting controls for parking facilities and see the results of a parking structure retrofit utilizing efficient equipment and multiple controls, resulting in energy savings of 45%.
2. White House Weekly Address: Taking Control of America’s Energy Future: In his weekly address, President Obama discusses progress in American energy and highlights that we are now producing more oil at home than we buy from other countries for the first time in nearly two decades. We reached this milestone in part not only because we’re producing more energy, but because we’re wasting less energy, and as a result, we are also reducing our carbon emissions while growing the economy.
3. The 12 Scams of Christmas 2013 This year, fall holiday shopping sales are expected to soar to an estimated $602 billion. E-commerce sales are predicted to rise 15 percent to more than $60 billion, with m-commerce comprising 16 percent of this number. Consumers should ensure that they are taking all precautions to protect the data saved on their devices. To help users stay alert for greedy Grinches as they surf the Web for holiday travel deals and gifts, here are this year’s top 12 Scams of Christmas.
4. Smarter energy management in data centers – Get the papers and videos. Effectively managing energy as a strategic asset can be a complex challenge, but it also pays big dividends. Smart grid technologies are enabling data center operators to think differently about how they manage energy. This paradigm shift combined with new infrastructure managment technologies is allowing data centers to become more nimble—as well as reliable, efficient and sustainable.
5. Smart Building Market: [Building Automation Systems, Physical Security, Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS), Building Communication Systems, Parking Management, Water Management, Networking], Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 – 2018) Building technology has significantly changed with time and the disciplines such as building automation, physical security, and energy management are widely being adopted. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) can be implemented to improve the building quality in terms of safety, security, efficiency, and management. With the integration of building components, their communication, and management system implemented, smart buildings help in reducing the operating costs, energy consumption, and carbon emission from the buildings. Thus, it helps in enhancing the overall building maintenance and experience.
Major companies such as Siemens, IBM, Schneider Electric, Cisco, and Accenture provide solutions to build, operate, monitor, and control for reducing energy consumptions and provide real-time system monitoring with facilities and event management to optimize the facilities operations and reduce energy expense. Going by the current industry trends, smart buildings market is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years. The report provides an insight into the key market players, challenges, drivers, and future scope in the market. The report also focuses on global adoption trends and future growth potential across different regions in the market