Dear valued VYKON Partner, Tridium has released the third version of Niagara 4. Niagara 4.3 introduces enhancements that make it easier to manage and deploy templates, along with several other new features. Most notable about this release are the significant innovations built on Niagara 4.3, including:
* Backup as a Service (BaaS), our first Niagara Cloud offering launching in mid-July
* VYKON Integrated Analytics 2.0u2, with analytic chart enhancements and key defect fixes
* Support for JACE® 8000 IO R in both a 16 and 34 point module
* JACE 8000 expansion module Hardware Development Kit (HDK), new for developers
Building upon improvements offered by Niagara 4.2u1, Niagara 4.3 offers enhancements that make it easier to manage and deploy templates, and a new Abstract Manager Framework for creating custom manager views. This release fixes the issues with Windows 10 service pack updates changing Host IDs.
With the release of Niagara 4.3, we make it easy for you to back up your data—at no additional cost. Having an up-to-date Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) allows immediate access to our new Backup as a Service (BaaS) when it launches in mid-July. BaaS will provide seamless, secure and scalable backups of Niagara to the cloud–24/7/365.
You will be able to access device backups via BaaS using our exciting new asset manager tool, to be introduced soon on the Niagara Community website.
Beyond accessing device backups via BaaS, the asset manager tool will help you simplify license management and recoup valuable time. Other key advantages include:
* Automatic push notifications of maintenance expirations and renewals
* Centralized, brand-agnostic view of all Niagara license information
* Easy access to specific device details through filters
* Single login using your Niagara Community credentials
* VYKON Integrated Analytics 2.0u2
The second VYKON Integrated Analytics 2.0 update has been released with Niagara 4.3. VYKON Integrated Analytics 2.0u2 offers even more potential for systems integrators to differentiate themselves and build a trusted partnership with their customers by engaging in analytics as a continual process.
VYKON Integrated Analytics 2.0u2 features:
* Chart enhancements
* All analytic charts have a configurable font property
* Equipment Operation chart has a configurable property to show or hide Off status bar
* Key defect fixes for analytic charts
* JACE 8000 IO R
Niagara 4.3 supports IO R on the JACE 8000. IO R allows the JACE 8000 to interface directly with simple non-intelligent inputs and outputs remotely located up to 4,000 feet from the JACE.
IO R makes the JACE 8000 more powerful and your migration path straightforward. Enjoy ease of use, enhanced capability, improved flexibility and minimal wiring labor—plus:
* Updated NDIO to NRIO conversion tool to support new JACE 8000 IO R modules
* Programmable Default states for Analog and Digital Outputs
* More information to come soon.
NEW FOR DEVELOPERS
Niagara 4.3 supports our new JACE 8000 expansion module Hardware Development Kit (HDK) for expanding the JACE 8000’s field bus capability.
You can use the JACE 8000 HDK to bring new networks of devices and sensors into the Niagara network by leveraging the powerful JACE 8000 platform. This comprehensive kit includes everything needed to develop unique JACE 8000 expansion modules.
Kit includes: Electrical specification, Mechanical specification, and USB specification
There will be a one-time fee to access this kit as part of our new developer program. Contact Mike Zarrillo for more information or to order part number DEV-JACE-8000-HDK.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to you and your customers benefiting from Niagara 4.3 and the significant innovations that are ushered in with this release!