1. Cyber Security Assessment: How well prepared are you for the next attack? Trend Micro will assess your security posture with 25 simple questions.
2. IDG CONNECT: Was Steve Jobs’ Leadership Really So Inspirational? This Saturday is two years since the death of Steve Jobs. Yet despite much concern in 2011 for the fortunes of Apple, in 2013 the company has seen sales of the iPhone 5S and 5C actually beat previous launches of new phones. Did Jobs define inspirational leadership and how does this legacy live on?
3. CORETECH 2013: Corporate RE & Facility Executives Meeting at Microsoft to Discuss the Future of the Industry. Message from Microsoft’s Darrel Smith: “My name is Darrell Smith and I am the Director of Facilities and Energy for Microsoft. I want to personally invite you to an event I am involved with called CoRE Tech, which we will be hosting here on the Microsoft campus next month. I will be joined by other corporate real estate, facilities, energy, sustainability and IT executives who are at the epicenter of the buildings and facilities market transformation.”
4. Open ADR: Plan Today to Join Over 50 Utility and Allied Organizations on October 29-30 in Atlanta: “The Practice of Demand Response: Views from the Real World” is the conference theme. Hear regulatory and policy updates, and gain insight from market practitioners, technology firms, and utilities active in the demand response market. About 150 industry professionals are expected to attend, including utility, regulatory, and business professionals responsible for demand response initiatives as well as industry advisors such as consultants, product manufacturers, and service providers. To see the over 50 utility and allied organizations that have already committed to attend, go to PLMA..
5. socialmediatoday: The Social Cocktail: How Social Data Offers Limitless Possibilities: Businesses should be rejoicing over the abundance of rich, multi-layered data streams that are being produced by users on social networks around the world. Yet the majority of businesses find the explosion in big social data daunting and difficult to apply to the traditional methods of reaching and understanding buyers. Join us for an educational and informative discussion on the fundamentals of how social data can be combined from different sources to portray a multi-layered and rich view of breaking events, customer opinion, market trends, brand reputations, and competitive positions. Register Here.